"Since the beginning of the American Revolution, more than 43 million men and women have served in the U.S. military during wartime. In this some 230 years of military heritage, more than 650,000 American lives have been lost and more than 1.4 million service members wounded in battle. We remember and honor all that these heroes have sacrificed for America's freedom.
Discover the heroes in your family tree in the Ancestry.com U.S. Military Collection - the largest online assortment of U.S. military records, covering more than three centuries of American wars and conflicts. With more than 90 million names and 700 titles and databases of military records from all 50 U.S. states, there are countless opportunities to learn the stories of courage and sacrifice in your family tree.
Search through enlightening historical documents from every major U.S. war from the Revolutionary War through Vietnam, including draft registration cards, veterans' gravesites, soldier pension indexes, enlistment records, muster rolls and much more."
Featured databases include the following:
- United Newsreel Motion Pictures (1942-1946) - NEW
- WWII Stars and Stripes Newspaper - NEW
- World War I Draft Registration Cards
- U.S. Marine Corps Muster Rolls - NEW
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records - NEW
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System - NEW
- Military Family History Books, Stories and Information
- U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006